Monday, July 01, 2013

Monday Musings: { Canada Day, Links and News }



Hello, and welcome to Monday, July 1, 2013, the half-way point of 2013 and Canada's 146th Birthday; Happy Birthday fellow Canadians!!  We are such a young country, in its infancy, really.  Of course, I knew this, but while watching Marie Antoinette and Les Misérables this weekend, partly due to trying to recover from a back strain brought on by stress and partly because of the weather, I couldn't help noting how tumultuous France's history has been.  I may attend tonight's fireworks festivities, which will be my grand-daughter's first! {she will be turning two in August), and if I do, will plan to take some pictures with my Nikon (to force me to practice), rather than with the iphone...  

♡l o v e l y l i n k s♡

* discovered this great beauty blog, cult of pretty, and now want to bleach my eyebrows [note: picture above sourced from this post]. 
* a little prayer, for the flood in Uttarakhand, India.  Here and here is how you can help out.  As you may know, Alberta has also been heavily flooded.  Here is how you can help out.
* a healthy {macrobiotic} recipe.  Made this recipe last night and it was simply delicious.
* the best novel by the favorite writer of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is about a woman who lives off men.  My next read.

In the news category:

* a new tumblr, an extension of this blog and companion to this tumblr.
* purchased a fiddle leaf fig tree for our condo, expecting it next week [this space has a fiddle leaf fig tree].
* bravely and successfully assisted the hubby in installing our flat screen television to the wall!!
* we bought a new car, very sad to say goodbye to my Mini John Cooper Works, but such is life.
* I have exported my google reader list to feedly because I can organize my list in categories, or create my own and because it has three view formats, but also use bloglovin on occasion... you can never have enough reader platforms. 

Follow Simply Seductive on Twitter | Bloglovin’ | Pinterest. Copyright © 2008-2013 Simply Seductive | 2011-2013 Sequins and Tulle all rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely love this new found inspirations in here. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails